What every business owner should know before installing swinging doors
When you are looking for ways to improve a building, whether it is home renovation or a commercial location, you need to think carefully about the different components of the project. Custom swinging doors may serve as central part of any construction because they are the most traditional access control system. With the many different types of doors in the market, it is easy to get confused on the type that will serve your purpose the best. Below are some of the things you ought to know about swinging doors.
What is a swing door?
Essentially, any commercial door that swings on a double hinge and opens in either direction can be referred to as a swing door. These doors are commonly mounted on fixtures such as the pantry, the bathroom, medicine cabinets, restaurants and even spas and salons.
The features of a swing door
One of the most prominent features of a swing door is that their hinges are different from those of the regular doors that open one way. The hinges are made in a manner that allows them to bend in both directions, so the door can open in two directions.
Another feature that is common with swinging doors is that they do not fully touch the ground. This is a design that is supposed to facilitate the move in both directions. The longest swing doors stop a few inches off the ground.
Some custom swinging doors have to be operated manually. For instance, the swing door that you mount on your pantry or other room in the home has a manual swing door. On the other hand, there are other doors that have automatic swing doors, which mean that they swing open as soon as the person using them steps close.
The Benefits of Custom Swinging Doors
- Convenience: The first benefit that comes from using these doors, especially in a commercial setting is that they are convenient. In case you have a shop with a high traffic of customers, it would be advisable to get this door as opposed to creating a human traffic jam at the door every time a person wants to get in or leave.
- Safety: the automatic swing doors are made in such a way that they have safety sensors, wireless remote controls, timers and other accessories. These are put in place to make sure that no one gets hit in the face by the door
- Impression: getting these doors that automatically open when a person comes up close is one way to make an impression on both clients and onlookers. It is the reason why classy spas, big hotels and high end retail outlets use the doors.
- Low cost of maintenance: commercial doors are very energy efficient. They do not need a lot of power to operate. In addition to that, they are able to last several years without need for expenses such as repairs and maintenance.
How the doors are used in commercial setups
- To learn more, visit our Commercial Door How To Guide
As mentioned, the automatic swing doors are very common in commercial establishments. When used in hotels, they ensure that customers flow in and out without jamming at the door. When used in airports, they create convenience because chances are that a traveler will be handling luggage and will not have the ability to get the door. Produce markets with (supermarket doors) also install swing doors due to the flow of customers and the need to have a door system that opens and closes with minimum ease.
Those are the important items to know and remember about custom swinging doors doors. If you are tired of the inconveniences of other kitchen doors and door types, maybe it is time to switch to swing doors. They will give you long time service, convenience and customer comfort and satisfaction.
Discount Commercial Doors – A Leader in manufacturing Swing Doors
DCD is an Orange County based business that specializes in custom swinging doors for restaurants, grocery stores and other commercial buildings. From swing doors to rigid doors and flexible doors, Discount Commercial Doors is your destination for all your needs.
Discount Commercial Doors also has other products available including air curtains, which come on when a door is opened and shut off when the door is closed. This keeps contaminates out and cool air in. Bakery rack covers and case keepers are two more products available. Both keep food fresher longer and save money.
Contact Discount Commercial Doors to learn more about how we can help you!